The Back To Work incentives gives small businesses the confidence to take on a new employee and provides an economic boost to our Queensland regions facing challenging times.
Back To Work is a two-year program running to July 2018 that provides employer support payments for eligible employers who hire an unemployed worker.
- $10,000 for an unemployed worker
- $15,000 for long term unemployed (out of work for 12 months or more)
- $20,000 for hiring a young job seeker aged 15-24 (from 1 December 2016 to 28 February 2017)
* Eligibility requirements apply
Which regions are targeted through Back to Work?
It has been rolled out across the following regions: Far North Queensland, North Queensland, Mackay/Whitsunday, Central Queensland, Wide Bay Burnett North West and South West.
Payments are made directly to you – the employer! And the first payment is made after 4 weeks of continuous employment.
$20,000 Youth Boost payment is specifically targeted towards employers who hire unemployed youth aged between 15 to 24 during the eligibility period between 1 December 2016 and now extended to 31st of October 2017.” (inclusive).
Payments are made in three parts:
- first payment of $6,000 after 4 weeks of continuous employment. This means you aren’t out of pocket for wages while you get your new employee up to speed
- Second payment of $7,000 after 26 weeks of continuous employment; and
- Final payment of $7,000 on completion of 52 weeks continuous employment
Subsidies are available for both full-time and part-time employment.
For part-time positions between 20 and 35 hours per week on average (or 8 to 35 hours per week on average for a young person with a disability with an approved work assessment) attract 75% of the full Youth Boost payment, ($15,000 (over 12 months in three payments).
In March 2017, the Back To Work employer support payments will return to the previous amount of $10,000 – $15,000. Read More.
$10,000 available for employing a person of any age
If you employ someone that has been unemployed for the past 4 weeks you can apply for a $10,000 – $15,000 Employer Support Payment!
Payments are made directly to you as the employer and paid in 2 parts:
- First payment of 40% is made after 4 weeks of employment and acceptance of the application
- Final payment of 60% paid on completion of 12 months continuous employment with the same employer
All eligible employees attract a payment of $10,000, and this increases to $15,000 for employees who have been unemployed for 52 weeks or more.
If you have always wanted to take on a new employee, but money has held you back, the Back to Work initiative is a must for you!
For more information about the Back To Work – fill out the below form or visit Back To Work.
The Back to Work incentive is made available by the Queensland Government.